I got another series of cookbooks that I think will be super useful for those looking for some healthier options. I also think the simple and easily accessible ingredients make these recipes manageable for college students.
**Thank you NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.**
The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep by Erin Romeo
- Save Time and Eat Healthy with over 75 Recipes
- As a student who has always wanted to meal prep, I had to check out this book
- Erin does an amazing job introducing the purpose and benefits of meal prepping. She goes through an in-depth and comprehensive explanation over what meal prepping is, and what it means to incorporate it into your life.
- What is nice is that she goes through every step of meal prepping, from getting the right containers to buying groceries to finally prepping. Where most books and YouTube tutorials would only mention the recipe, Erin provides as much advice possible.
- My favourite preps are:
- Breakfast: Egg and Cheese English Muffin Sandwiches
- Lunch: Pan-Fried Teriyaki Salmon
- Deserts: Apple Cinnamon Walnut Muffins
- The recipes that Erin provides are easy to follow. I’m really excited to give this a shot one day when I have to plan a week’s worth of food.
Super Low-Carb Snacks by Martina Slajerova, Dana Carpender, Landria Voigt
- 100 Delicious Keto and Paleo Treats for Fat Burning and Great Nutrition
- I’m a sucker for aesthetic food pictures, and this has some pretty amazing food photography skills. The layout is beautiful, simple, and easy to follow.
- What I love is how it teaches you ways to make healthier versions of your favourite sweets and junk food like:
- nut butter
- homemade chocolate
- chocolate balls
- As a chronic snacker, I loved reading the section about at-home snacks as well as on-the-go snacks
- Most of these need less than 10 minutes to prepare, and many of the ingredients are accessible to even beginner cooks (like me)
- I was drooling over prosciutto-wrapped asparagus and crispy okra sticks
- It’s amazing how much healthy vegetables went into many of the recipes
- Plus it has nutritional facts to tell you the macronutrients of a serving that you make.