As a high school senior, I never thought about how daunting university was going to be until, well, I started getting acceptances. For some reason, I kept thinking it would be the same as in high school. Maybe that sudden realization occurred happened when I realized I would be leaving my hometown for Cambridge, Massachusetts, my first time living away from home. So maybe I panicked… a bit… a lot.
I started looking online for advice and things to know. I thought I would share with you guys my compilations.
Just wanted to say, I really loved this blog that my friend introduced to me earlier this year. It’s called A Hope in The Headlights by cleverlydone and it’s so aesthetic! I could spend hours browsing her material, which has pretty much everything. A lot of my links will be from her site, hence all the tumblr links 🙂
- What You Really Need to Bring to College (and What You Can Leave Behind)
- College Tips
- 10 Budgeting Tips
- Ways to save and make extra money as a student
- Sites where you can get free textbooks
- A Guide to Making Effective Slideshows
- Websites for writing essays
- What do I do with my break?
- Dealing with Homesickness (you know, just in case)
- Maximize Your Sleeping Time (aka how to be a lazy asshole and sleep in)
- College Recipes
ps. it took me a while to figure out how Tumblr worked (embarrassing, I know)
Also do you guys have any college advice? Things you learned on the way? I’d love to know!!